fb

Reply To: FORUM GUIDELINES

Forums General Site Info Guidelines & FAQ FORUM GUIDELINES Reply To: FORUM GUIDELINES

Brian Stansell
@obrian-of-the-surface-world

@daeus-lamb

Hi Daeus,

Seems like the tech glitches are resurfacing. Did someone pour water on a Gremlin?
I had a post in the Forum that disappeared when I clicked the submit button.  Just wondering if these were going into a filter holding before they are posted. I know WordPress has a kind of Approver queue, so I didn’t know if some might be held there until the Webmaster reviews and releases them.

Is there any update on the potential for the “Audio Cinema” idea mentioned in my prior post on June 19, 2021 at 12:34 pm?

I was thinking about starting one called “Audio Cinema” and challenging my fellow writers to read & record a short scene of their WIPs and post a link to listen under the text of their scene.  I know personally that I get myopic in my writing when I only “hear” my work in my head.  Sometimes performing it into a recording (using a smartphone and an audio memo feature) allows me to step back from it and listen to it as it might be read.  I can see what seems to work and what “sounds off” more clearly.  It also allows me to rework the scene so that it flows more naturally, with the added benefit of role-playing and experimenting with my characters’ voices. I thought it might be fun to try this with my fellow writers in the Forum.  Post the text and a clip and “see” how it sounds, with a follow-up set of Q & A to the listeners.

Brian Stansell (aka O'Brian of the Surface World)
I was born in war.
Fighting from my first breath.

Pin It on Pinterest