fb

Reply To: Controversial Topics

Forums Fiction Themes Controversial Topics Reply To: Controversial Topics

Bethania Gauterius
@sparrowhawke

‘kay, I haven’t read allĀ  the recent posts here, but I’m glad this conversation got started again! I especially appreciate @this-is-not-an-alien ‘s thoughts on LGBTQA. I think I heard that the APA used to classify homosexuality as a mental illness or disorder, but I’ve never heard anyone talk about it like you (Cathy) before. You seem to have some great insights. Do you have any resources you could share that have led you to thoseĀ  conclusions?

I don’t see any moral issue with asexuality, as long as you don’t desire a romantic partner of the same sex. I’ve heard Christians point to the verse in Matthew about some eunuchs being born eunuchs to justify asexuality. I personally think the verse is more in reference to people who are infertile, but it’s an interesting thought. Marriages for most of history have been based not on sexual attraction anyway (of course nobility would often have outside affairs, but that’s a different issue…)

I really do want to touch on LGBT in my writing. So many Christians are so hateful toward these people. I want to give a balanced, loving but true perspective. When I think about my own tendencies, I am convinced that had I not grown up in a Christian home, I would be declaring myself trans or genderfluid. I don’t suffer from gender dysphoria, but right now in our culture, queerness is trendy and I believe many teens and young adults have jumped on LGBT’s trendiness. It’s cool. There’s the attraction to declare your own identity. And don’t all we humans want to declare our identity apart from God?

"For He knows our frame; He remembers that we are dust." - Psalm 103:14

Pin It on Pinterest