@irishcelticredflowercrown

@this-is-not-an-alien

@kimlikesart

@hannahrenner

Adding in Daeus and Josiah, because they might enjoy this topic too. 🙂

@daeus-lamb

@josiah

Hi Neasa!

My wife immigrated from Russia and was a translator for Christian missionaries when she was in Russia.  She came over to work as a Translator for International Christian Institute (ICI) formerly located in Irving, TX.  She is now a successful corporate lawyer with a brilliant mind and graduated Summa Cum Laude with honors from her law school.  Her talents and gifts would never have been realized had she stayed in Russia, even after the supposed fall of “Communism”.  It still lurks there and is very much in power, no matter what they say.

I met her when my female cousin brought her to our annual Thanksgiving family gathering.  I was in Grad school at the time.  She was in the States on an R-1 Visa when I met her. We’ve been married now for 21 years.  The conditions were not as dire in Russia as in many other countries, because the Communist wanted to present their form of Govt as an appealing ideology to other countries, in competition with “western democracies”.  It is subtle in that it relegates all faith into superstitious corridors, that it constantly kept tabs on and infiltrated whenever necessary.  Media was state controlled and filtered.  If anyone wanted to progress in their job or obtain any leadership position they had to become a member of The Communist Party.

Individual achievement was squelched if it did not acquiesce to “The State”.  Oligarchs got rich, while “the proletariat” subsisted and were kept in mediocrity.

Property ownership was permitted only in limit areas.  The Government ran the universities and all large companies and made products based on their decisions, rather than the needs, wants or dictates of the market.

Yet they were a very outwardly moral society. A wife of a Communist could appeal to “The Party” office and get her husband’s Communist card restricted if he was ever unfaithful to her.  Movies and TV shows were regulated and “sanitized” by “State Censors”.  Certain books were banned.

The Kremlin tended to make its antagonists mysteriously disappear, if ever there were signs that they could not “control” them.  Elections always “conveniently” re-installed the Communist candidates and incumbents to bureaucratic power.

You are exactly right in your statement that:

“…the government in it promotes ‘equality’ and ‘fairness’ and ‘peace for all’, all the while censoring media and promoting themselves as living gods to be worshipped.”

These are seemingly “good things” meant to lure people into the trap of thinking the “Power seekers” only want to get control to serve “the public good”.  When people yield their individual freedoms to these “unchecked” power mongers only then do their “true intentions” manifest.

Equality is not something given by man.  Even as Our US Constitution says, it is “God who creates all men to be equal” not in the sense that all individualism is pushed down to the level of the masses, but that all are equally loved and that He is no respecter of persons or positions. (Acts 10:34-35)

Equality in the abstract does not make sense or even comport with a God who gives “Rewards” for those who do not just give mediocre lip-service to “serving Him”.  God incentivizes our faithfulness and our yielding to Him.  Unequal obedience is not rewarded equally.

Praiseworthy acts should find encouragement and reward.  Evil and laziness and mediocrity also should find their consequences as a deterrent for continuing in them.

Russia did suffer under the abuses of the Romanov monarchy, but what they replaced it with, in the Bolshevik Revolution, was far more insidious and deceitful under the guise of “helping the poor Proletariats”.

Capitalism is one of the few Market principles that agrees with God’s Word about the self-interest of mankind, and it works towards a mutual and commercial agreement where the buy and seller both get to terms where both get mostly what they wanted from their transfer of goods and coinage.  It is not a perfect system, mind you, but it at least deals honestly with the needs of supply and demand towards the mutual benefit and incentivizes that relationship.  That is the basis of a Free Market, with some reasonable and necessary regulations by a hopefully “objective & unbiased” third-party to prevent the skewing of the balance of the two interests involved.  Human nature is not “basically good” as Marx purports, but it does need to be looked after suspiciously, because God says,

9 The heart [is] deceitful above all [things], and desperately wicked: who can know it? 10 I the LORD search the heart, try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, [and] according to the fruit of his doings. [Jeremiah 17:9-10 KJV]

In our flesh, we do tend to be little stinkers. 😉

I wish more people read more of George Orwell’s books today. “Animal Farm”, “1984”, etc.

Here is a very succinct explanation of prominent government philosophies that I always thought was both humorous and helpful:

Cows and Communism

Brian Stansell (aka O'Brian of the Surface World)
I was born in war.
Fighting from my first breath.

Pin It on Pinterest