fb

Reply To: Controversial Topics

Forums Fiction Themes Controversial Topics Reply To: Controversial Topics

Kimmi
@kimlikesart

*reads over first post/what started the thread*

Very interesting.

But what about the more difficult themes? Topics like any or all of LGBTQA. Human rights. Human trafficking. Race relations. Other religions (Muslim, Hindu, etc).

Thoughts on why these topics are not written about as much? (So far as fiction goes.)

Maybe writers feel these topics are too far above them. Perhaps they are scared of the research they may have to do, into any of these things, and what they may find. It likely will be heart-breaking.
Maybe they do not know where to go to do the research. Perhaps they are scared they will not write it accurately. Or perhaps they are scared to offend their readers, and loose future sales. Maybe a combination.

That said, I believe it is very important that we write about these sort of things with integrity, trying to show the true story. Even if it’s dark as night. But there is hope, for in any of these things, </3 though it may be very hard to see.

Not everyone should write about these topics. Learning how to write humbly, but also not shrinking on what is right, can be hard. It will take prayer, and… love.

So… if people, or writers, are willing to learn, go through pain, and then write pain, but also hope and love, they really should do so. Keeping their eyes on Jesus, and pressing more and more into Him. <3

And perhaps finding someone else who is willing to talk with them about it, though I get that can be hard.

It’s admirable, if they do it right. But it can be… awful, and worsen things if they do it wrong. So… care, prayer, and love should lace it all.

Let all that you do be done in love. 1 Corinthians 16:14 (ESV)

But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere. James 3:17 (ESV)

@this-is-not-an-alien

Thank you for the tag Cathy. <3

I’m actually writing… a small bit, about sexual trafficking right now. At least… it’s the inciting event. </3 Very hard.

Jominkreesa

Passion = A Willingness To Suffer

Pin It on Pinterest