fb

Reply To: Controversial Topics

Forums Fiction Themes Controversial Topics Reply To: Controversial Topics

Brian Stansell
@obrian-of-the-surface-world

@this-is-not-an-alien

Hi Cathy,

Thank you for your kind words.

I do have a particular loathing for Marx. His deceptive philosophy has led to extreme poverty and the slaughter of literally millions. Seeing it seducing our youth culture and indoctrinate college students greatly alarms me.

My wife came from a Communist country, so we know firsthand where that pernicious philosophy leads. It is subtle, sounding like something good, using terms like “the greater good” and “benefiting the collective”, but it stifles the value of the individual and does not deal with the reality of human nature as the scriptures present it.  Man is not basically good.  Mankind’s most basic nature is corrupted by the outworking of original sin. Marx begins with a faulty premise, creating division and sowing seeds of class warfare and envy, under the guise of valuing the poor and downtrodden. It exploits them to its own end and uses their desires to have individual worth to imprison and enslaves them under an oligarch bureaucracy. It thrives on schisms, pitting the desire to succeed against the collective. It creates mediocrity and stifles human ingenuity.  Its application varies from culture to culture, but it does nothing but crush under its jackboot.
Okay, enough about that.
One thing many people so often miss is the subtleness of Satan’s slight shifts. He doesn’t come out in a red suit or with a burn= scarred face with hand blades or a hockey mask and a machete. He comes in as if he is a concerned friend, and he whispers his lures sweetly to sway and confused and question God’s truth, the same as he did in the form of a serpent in the Garden of Eden.

New Age is subtle as well. If often lures people who have very little self-esteem and do not know that God loves them specifically. It lures in with the temptation to be able to control or manipulate and work vengeful charms against an oppressor. It too is a false search for relief that leads to spiritual entanglements with deceiving spirits. No power is lent to a practitioner without extracting a terrible price.

People’s need for significance can only be found in relationship with their Creator, and nothing else.

Psalms 139:13-17 says it beautifully how much God invests Himself in our making.

How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! [Psalm 139:17 NLT]

I view the LGBTQA community as people undergoing an identity crisis. I find that most are not merely content with their private practice that binds them and isolates them. They feel compelled to force society at large to recognize and give legitimacy to their desire. In fact, they cannot allow a difference of viewpoint in regard to their practices. They revile anyone who does not acquiesce to their demand to be legitimized, so they cast labels at others with the charge of phobia.

How many liars do you ever see who proudly identify with their sin? How many thieves publicly parade and declare their thefts? How many adulterers proudly shout about how many marriages they have compromised, and want national recognition for their betrayal?

Since practitioners of these unbiblical behaviors go further than most, it is difficult to address them when they cease to identify themselves as a person God loves, but rather a type of person so wedded to a practice that they cannot imagine themselves as being independent of it. Satan has deceived them into believing if somehow, they can get everyone to belief they are “good people” just wanting their own way to love, then somehow all will be settled in their disquieted heart.

That is one of the particular reasons it is difficult to reach the LGBTQA community. They have deceived themselves into believing that their sin IS their identity. God will not force them to choose Him. But to do so, they must be willing to find their new identity in Him and leave the old husk of deadness behind.

One thing that is consistent in cultism and LGBTQA is a promised sense of community. That promise is in Communism (Marxism too), but these things cannot balance collective good and individual good like God can.

God does something that none of the worldly lures can do. He makes us family and valuable and unique parts of one body that needs all of us.

5 so it is with Christ’s body. We are many parts of one body, and we all belong to each other. [Romans 12:5 NLT]

12 The human body has many parts, but the many parts make up one whole body. So it is with the body of Christ. [1 Corinthians 12:12 NLT]

Both of these passages (and their contextual verses) show how God balances individual worth and collective worth without diminishing either.

God does not diminish Himself or His Standards to human whims or opinions, but rather He satisfies His standard by giving Himself to meet the perfection He must demand to be a Good and Perfect Father.  It is by relationship with Him and His empowerment that we are lifted up in Him to be fully justified.

I believe there is only One Truth and that must be defined by God.

Romans 3:4 says:

“…[]…Indeed, let God be true but every man a liar. As it is written: “That You may be justified in Your words, And may overcome when You are judged.”

Man cannot define his own good apart from God. But he can find justifiable good if he aligns with God’s consistent definitions of it as revealed in the person of Jesus and through His Word.

Reality and morality that is subjected to the vicissitudes of human perspective always turns out to be evil in the end.

Sometimes we must be willing to offend without being unloving.

Jesus said we would be hated because we represent the exposing light that reveals the wickedness of mankind’s hearts who love evil. That is to be expected.

We just need to be able to reach those lost in the darkness that have reached the point where they long for the light that will lead them out of it into family that loves them and not the sin that has enslaved them.

Brian Stansell (aka O'Brian of the Surface World)
I was born in war.
Fighting from my first breath.

Pin It on Pinterest