fb

Reply To: Controversial Topics

Forums Fiction Themes Controversial Topics Reply To: Controversial Topics

Brian Stansell
@obrian-of-the-surface-world

I love the fact that you all are talking about these things.  It shows you do care about people caught up in real problems and real deceptions of the enemy.

I do believe any approach to these subjects should be prayerfully done and in the full sobriety of the idea that “there, but for the grace of God, go I”.  We often do not know enough about the backstories of people caught up in these entanglements.  Some stem from abuse, unrelenting cruelty from those labeled among the Christian faith who turn others away from the love Jesus offers freely “while we were yet sinners”.  I would consider reading some Christian biographies of real people who were caught up in these sins but came to find deliverance from them by the rescue of Jesus’s love.

Also, consider whatever God is placing on your heart to speak the truth in love into, maybe God calling you to “walk water” over such turbulent topics and focus on The One calling you to do so.  God equips those He calls, and it is almost always into the Big things others would avoid as being too controversial.  Just remember to honor Him and let Him love others right into their darkest moments, whatever the particular “stronghold” may be.

God didn’t selectively choose which sins He wouldn’t die for, so with much prayerful consideration, I do think Christian writers should step out of the boat and say the people need to know He is their answer to the seeking that led these captives into the prison that now holds them.

If they are truly brought to the place that they will hear (read), then you don’t need to shame them into repentance.  Just let them know they are wanted and loved. That God invested His own blood in their ransom.  That He knew and loved them before they ever went down this dark path. That there was nothing new that He could learn about their journey that He did not see before.

All of our sins were future sins when Christ went to the Cross for us.  Confession is not telling God what we’ve done and where we’ve broken His laws. It is admitting it. God never gets “new” information on us that will change His mind.  He exists outside of time, and know the end from the beginning, yet He purposed to love us in spite of what our sins would require of Him. (Heb 12:2)

Our redemption is His Joy.  If not us, my dear fellow believers, then who will tell them of this kind of love.

Brian Stansell (aka O'Brian of the Surface World)
I was born in war.
Fighting from my first breath.

Pin It on Pinterest