fb

Reply To: Completely Useless Character Game

Forums Fiction Characters Completely Useless Character Game Reply To: Completely Useless Character Game

Brian Stansell
@obrian-of-the-surface-world

@rose-colored-fancy

Hi Rose,

Here are my guesses:

1) Name: Nasrin, Dulcina, Humra, Rhodia, Varda, Wardah? (Each of these are a floral-related names since the picture seems to indicate them prominently.)

2) Age: 18-23

3) Career/Role in Story: Possibly the MC. She may sell flowers in the marketplace. I’m thinking of an open-air bazaar or some foreign (non-US) exotic marketplace. Possibly even on a remote tropical island.

[I’m adding her Faith stance as a characteristic, since we are Faith-based writers, here.]

3 a) Faith: My sense is she is yearning to know the God who made the intricately designed flowers. Nothing in all human creation can ever seem to approximate such intricate beauty, design, vivid colors, and symmetry. Such aromatic fragrances, and gentle and soft petals, surely reflect a God of intimacy and tenderness. Perhaps, the prevailing religion of her world presents gods to her that does not seem capable of such careful beauty and personal wonder.

4): Personality: I think she is a quiet, gentle spirit, fearful in many ways. Dreading who her father might give her away to as if she is nothing but mere coinage to curry favor with those in position or has something he truly wants, rather than her.  She believes she is nothing more than a mere asset, a token to barter with, and as such she feels very insecure and unloved. Looking at flowers, she yearns for a god who would so lovingly cherish her, even as He clearly cherished the flowers she admires and wishes she could be.  She seeks what she fails to find in her father. Someone who sees her personal value, not a means to an end.

5) Would you be friends with that character?: Yes. I want her to know that there is a God who made her every bit as lovely as any of the intricately designed flowers she admires. She was the value He sought so much that He paid the ultimate price to hold and cherish her, and will not part with her for anything else mankind might offer.

6) Any other details you may have gotten from the picture: I think she wishes and dreams a lot, but is fearful of dreaming too big. Afraid of the disappointment and rejection she expects to come.

Brian Stansell (aka O'Brian of the Surface World)
I was born in war.
Fighting from my first breath.

Pin It on Pinterest