fb

Reply To: Art tips (As requested XD)

Forums Art Art Discussions Art tips (As requested XD) Reply To: Art tips (As requested XD)

Rose
@rose-colored-fancy

@erynne

So, I actually wrote an answer for this before the weekend, but SE backfired because of too many images, so I’ll try to break this up into pieces so you can actually see it XD

I’ve been an artist all my life, but about two years ago I got really serious with it. I found out I wasn’t half bad with a paintbrush, and I have the cutest baby yoda sketch ever. (not to brag, but he is definitely my best sketch)

That’s awesome! I’d love to see it!

Do your portraits ever turn out how you had planned, and are you able to get them to look like your reference picture? Me and all of my artistic friends use references but the final product NEVER looks anything like the reference.

Ooh, I’d have to say yes and no. It’s usually like I envisioned it, but it’s seldom an exact replica of the reference because that wasn’t my aim.

However, photo studies can be really useful, and to answer your question, here’s a recent study I did that I’m actually quite proud of:

Reference:

(Study below, SE won’t allow more than one image)

• This reply was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by Rose.

"Stories are light. Light is precious in a world so dark." The Tale of Despereaux

Story Embers

Pin It on Pinterest