fb

Reply To: Howdy, all.

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Howdy, all. Reply To: Howdy, all.

Rose
@rose-colored-fancy

@fitz

Welcome to the forum! Pleased to meet you!

Your concept sounds fascinating! I love the themes you chose, there’s a lot of room for depth there. The ten cultures also sound like a great idea, I can see how that would work amazingly because you can explore various cultures without splitting them up so much that it becomes unmanageable. The names are also great, and suit the cultures really well! How did you come up with them?

I’m currently in the middle of editing the first part and drafting the second part of a trilogy. I have some faint ideas for the conclusion, but I’m trying to finish the first parts before I continue. It’s an action-adventure/fantasy set in a medieval North-African-inspired setting.

I decided on a tribal system for the country because it would create some very interesting civil conflict. It’s split up into seven independent tribes, two of which are nomadic. I’m having fun figuring out how cultural drift, etc. would influence the different cultures. Even though that’s only a backdrop to the actual story, I just think it’s interesting XD

Random question: What’s your favorite character dynamic to write?

I especially enjoy writing sibling relationships and enemies-to-friends arcs, though friendships are always great.

"Stories are light. Light is precious in a world so dark." The Tale of Despereaux

Story Embers

Pin It on Pinterest