fb

Reply To: Favorite Titles?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Favorite Titles? Reply To: Favorite Titles?

Arindown (Gracie)
@arindown

My favorite title for a book is Andrew Peterson’s Monster in the Hollows. It’s an ingenious title because of the storyline, and because there are several monsters in the story and all the plot twists that suddenly leave you second-guessing who “the monster” really is.

Another one is Cobwebs and Cables, by Hesba Stretton. The actual story has nothing to do with cobwebs or cables, but by the end it’s obvious why the book was named that. The plot is so twisting, confusing and amazing that you literally feel like your brains have been scrambled.😂

The Anne of Green Gables series has very suiting names. Anne of Green Gables focuses on her younger live at Green Gables, and the others build off of that as she grows up (Anne of Avonlea, and then Anne of the Island).

The last one I can think of is Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls. I really like names that have meaning in a book, or are obvious why the book was called that (especially if the name shows up in narrative😊).

I think all of the Chronicles of Narnia were really well-named too.

Not all those who wander are lost.

Story Embers

Pin It on Pinterest