fb

Reply To: Introduce Your Story

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Introduce Your Story Reply To: Introduce Your Story

Lona
@lonathecat

@erynne

Yeah I totally agree. I can’t make my fantasy a cry book because I don’t think it would fit with all the comedy and adventure, so I have to wait for my next one. I think it all depends on how well you connect with the characters. Which is another problem I’m having. I have to make an innocent, loveable princess but I haven’t been too successful with that.

Hmm yeah comedies and cry books don’t quite fit together. XD But speaking of innocent and loveable princesses, have you heard of George MacDonald’s The Princess and the Goblin? It’s aimed at younger children, and it’s pretty short, but maybe it could help with ideas for forming your princess’ character, since the princess in it is supposed to be the ideal of princesses. 🙂

(Of course, totally depressing books and cry books are two different things)

(Definitely.)

I’m glad you asked! The Star of Light by Patricia St John made my cry the hardest. It was bad… And The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare made me cry a little bit. Have you read either?

Yes, both, actually! Though, I read them around six years ago, so my memory of them is a little hazy. In fact, I can’t remember any of Star of Light except that there were kittens involved. The Witch of Blackbird Pond, on the hand I remember a lot more of. I liked that one. Do you have a favorite of the two?

I’m homeschooled. I started out in public school then we started homeschooling when I was in fourth grade (I’m in eighth now) how about you?

Nice! I’m homeschooled, too. 😀

• This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by Lona. Reason: clarifying something :)
Story Embers

Pin It on Pinterest