fb

Reply To: Introduce Your Story

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Introduce Your Story Reply To: Introduce Your Story

Erynne
@erynne

(And haha, I get that. There are certain aspects in our books that we can talk on and on about and then there are the other details that we routinely forget exist. ๐Ÿ˜› )

Exactly. That has not been good for me though. There have been countless times that I forget about a part of my story then in a later chapter write something that completely ruins that first part. I know I’m rambling so here’s an example… We’ve been talking about Tara. I completely forgot about her and then named a mermaid Zara ๐Ÿ˜‚ I will definitely have to change that.

Itโ€™s a puzzle, isnโ€™t it? lol.

One that I’m still trying to solve XD

Do you have a favorite of your MCs?

Hm… I can’t necessarily say I have a favorite, but of my MCs Julian is probably my favorite. He’s the most sarcastic of my characters, therefore he’s my favorite.

a favorite of mine is actually a side character that comes up for only a couple chapters. Though, for some reason I still came up with his whole lifestory and everything. Heโ€™s honestly more developed than some of my MCs. Itโ€™s a problem. XD

Cool! You’ll have to tell me about him ๐Ÿ˜‰ Oh and I have that problem too. I planned out my favorite characters’ (the pirates) lifestory and 95% doesn’t get mentioned in the story XD

Humans can be great! You, for example, are a very nice and interesting human.

Well thank you! You are a very sweet human. If you were to ever talk to my friends (which you may have, two are on SE) they would definitely agree that “interesting” is a good word to describe me!

Your humans would just need good personalities to make up for their normalness in a fantasy world

That’s one of the biggest things I struggle with for sure. I reread my entire story a little bit ago and most of my MCs seem like they could be the same person because they have the same personality.

I think around half of them are human and then the other half are a race I made up called Illians. They look exactly the same as humans but they have the ability to heal things. On the down side, they are super analytical and have a hard time feeling emotion. Most of the time they are just set on โ€œfixingโ€ things.

That is super cool!! And I love that name you gave them.

Story Embers

Pin It on Pinterest