fb

Reply To: Well, I’m Back.

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Well, I’m Back. Reply To: Well, I’m Back.

Quinn O’Fallon
@quinn-ofallon

@erynne

I like to bookbind sometimes (I made the book I wrote part of my WIP in) and I play ocarina. It’s a really relaxing instrument to play and it doesn’t take much practice to sound good, so it’s perfect for me. Favorite movies… Well, my all-time favorite is The Scarlet Pimpernel from 1982. I actually read the book first and loved the movie even more. I also like most Jane Austen movies. I guess I don’t really have a lot of favorite movies, just a lot of favorite tv shows. (Mandalorian, SW Clone Wars & Rebels, WandaVision, Doctor Who… you get the idea.)

My best writing tip (or at least the one that’s been the most impactful for my own writing) would be to not wait for the perfect time to write. For a while, I thought that I should have everything else in my life under control before I could sit down and write. And I had always read to set a specific time every day to write, so I tried to do that too, but that kind of system just didn’t work for me. The first year and a half I was working on my WIP, I only got around 25,000 words written.

(cringes inwardly)

So this year, I’ve decided to just write 2-3 pages every day, even if school and chores aren’t done. I’ve found certain times of day that work best for me, but I’m not trying to put a hard start and end time on my writing sessions anymore. And it’s worked out pretty well; I’ve written 50,000+ words just since January 1st (which is still mindboggling for me to thiunk about) and I’ve written more consistently than I ever have before.

So that’s my little writing tip. 🙂

@lonathecat

Thanks! It’s good to be back 🙂 I’ve heard of those books, but haven’t gotten around to reading them yet. They sound like something I’d like though, so I’ll have to give them a try soon.

Story Embers

Pin It on Pinterest