fb

Reply To: Character Art Exchange

Forums Art Art Discussions Character Art Exchange Reply To: Character Art Exchange

Rose
@rose-colored-fancy

@this-is-not-an-alien

That is epic! I already know where I can put that corset!

IKR! It’s just the coolest! Jill Bearup on YouTube made a video about it, and it’s one of the most awesome things I’ve learned.

She looks lovely!!! Any particular story she’s from?

Thank you! Hmm.. Yes and no. She might be the main character from the Victorian fantasy, or she might turn out not to XD I actually don’t know. The aesthetic matches the Victorian fantasy, but I don’t know if I’ll use her specifically. I just had a really vivid idea and had to draw it XD

Well, to tell the truth I wouldn’t be able to foreshorten as well as I do if I weren’t blind in one eye. You see without the two eyes converging I could only see in 2D so my art was really flat then but with therapy I now have full ‘depth-perception’ so my eyes are really sensitive to the differences and it reflects in my drawing (at least, that’s what my sister says, and she’d see my old sketches (that I deleted on sight…XD)).
But it’s really a matter of not drawing correctly. Instead I get some really loose lines and a focal point like a fist if it’s supposed to ‘pop out’ and I usually have to consciously not draw limbs and let my hand instead of my brain do the work.

That’s so cool! That’s a really interesting technique! I usually kinda eyeball it until it looks right and flip my canvas about fifty-thousand times.
Also, the coil method was super helpful and kind of mindblowing. It’s a YouTube video by Sycra, and it’s the coolest thing!

Victorian is a great aesthetic I’d love to read a fantasy with that! <3

IKR! I’m pretty excited to write it, but I want to finish Liorah’s trilogy first. No, I still don’t have a series name XD, though I have all the books temporarily titled.

I’m going with an ‘X of Y and Z’ pattern, since I kind of like titles like that. So far I have: “The Tribe of Sand and Azure” and “The Assassins of Mountains and Moonlight”. For the third one, I’m thinking about something like “The Queen of Blood and Thunder” or maybe “The Crowns of Blood and Thunder”. I’m not sure yet XD The titles aren’t final yet, what do you think?

Does Ehud and Rosy’s story have a title yet?

It’s so awesome that you’re writing fantasies set in other times and places! I’d love to read a 1920’s fantasy, that sounds epic!

I am so happy I LOVE sparkles (which is probably why my siblings hate them XD). This aesthetic will be so fun to draw!!!

IKR! 1920’s character art always looks fantastic!

I like it! It looks really coordinated and smooth which is something I have trouble with XD and you’re right the hair really looks fluffier and more streamlined.

Thank you! I’m glad you like it!

Lol yes his shoelaces are always untied (in fact I think he replaces the actual shoelace with paracord or something he can escape with).

He’s totally that type of person XD

Here’s the final picture!

I actually love how the colors came out. I’m using a new technique, different from the one I used for Rosy. I have a tendency to overblend stuff, so I changed it a bit. It gives pretty nice colors. And color dodge, of course! (I’ve been watching too much Ross Draws, XD but it does look awesome! It kind of makes it look like it’s glowing, and it works especially well for hair.

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Pin It on Pinterest