fb

Reply To: Thinking of Starting a Bog… Wanna Answer Some Questions?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Thinking of Starting a Bog… Wanna Answer Some Questions? Reply To: Thinking of Starting a Bog… Wanna Answer Some Questions?

Elisha Starquill
@elisha-starquill

@joelle-stone – Hi Joelle! I’ve collected an odd conglomeration of blogging knowledge over the years so hopefully some of this helps!

1. I’ve heard a lot of good things about Bluehost and know several people who are pleased with it. It’s easily compatible with WordPress and not too expensive, if I remember correctly.

2. I’m not using/paying for any hosts, because WordPress’s free plan is enough for my current blogging needs. Also, I’ve never found a free host that’s reliable, but that could just be my lack of knowledge.

3. Again, I’m not too familiar with hosting stuff, but I do know that with WordPress alone, there are several plans that you can choose. If you’re not going to be running a business, you can either get a 4 or 8$ per month plan, depending on your specific needs. But I’ve been pretty happy with the free one, at least for now, especially since blogging isn’t super duper serious for me. I’ve also used Wix in the past which is similar in price, but for a variety of reasons that you probably don’t want me to wax poetic on, I much prefer WordPress for blogging.

4. It really depends. I personally post about every two weeks, because that gives me enough time to create a post while balancing my busy life, but I know a lot of other bloggers who post weekly. The trick is not posting too much that you spam your followers, and not posting too infrequently that they forget about you. You know, that ever-present balancing act. 😛

5. I’m not exactly sure what you mean by a business email address, but if you sign up for a website, WordPress or otherwise, you’ll need to sign up with an email, and you probably won’t want to use your personal one.

I wish you all the best in your blogging endeavors! 😀

INFJ ➳ Trinstamentalist ➳ Thalassophile ➳ Chocolate Hater ➳ Daughter of God

Pin It on Pinterest