fb

Reply To: Thinking of Starting a Bog… Wanna Answer Some Questions?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Thinking of Starting a Bog… Wanna Answer Some Questions? Reply To: Thinking of Starting a Bog… Wanna Answer Some Questions?

Rose
@rose-colored-fancy

@joelle-stone

Heya Joelle!

It’s so awesome that you’re starting a blog! I used to have a website for a while (took it down because I got bored of it XD) and my parents had a website, so I’ll tell you what I know!

As far as I can remember, we used Dreamhost. Dreamhost is about 3 dollars a month, lowest price. I’d say that’s a fairly average price, but once again, not sure XD For the website itself, we used WordPress.

Not sure about the usefulness of a business email, but it might be useful if your blog grows a lot, and it’ll be hard to switch it later.

One thing I remember clearly is that you should definitely put in a reCaptcha anti-robot thing in the comments, otherwise you get a ton of spam. You can find instructions on how to do this online.

That’s all I can remember (this was a few years ago) but I hope other people can give you some more info!

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Pin It on Pinterest