fb

Reply To: Character Art Exchange

Forums Art Art Discussions Character Art Exchange Reply To: Character Art Exchange

Rose
@rose-colored-fancy

@this-is-not-an-alien

*‘peacoat with long coattails, cuffs, pockets and either a hood or collar’ me; had no idea what that jacket was called or that you could actually look and see the connecting pieces that easily. Is very impressed XD*

LOL, I’ve been sewing too long XD But yeah, if you need references, you can use those terms to get really specific images.

(I have a working relationship with Pinterest; I’m resigned to the fact that they spy on every aspect of my web-life and they provide me with dynamic picture reference aaand…self-help blogs for people with depression and anxiety and post trauma…? (that was for a novel, guys, I swear that was for a novel!). But, anyway, if this helps XD

LOL, that is too relatable XD I’ve been getting way too many pins about all the places you can hide weapons in a ball gown. (I’m a writer!! I promise!) But it’s awesome for getting references for art!

I totally love those poses!! They really suit Ehud! I’m in the middle of a project now, but once I finish that, I think I’ll draw Ehud! Maybe the fourth one? I think I could manage that!

Lol thanks! I used to play this game with myself when I started writing; try to see what two most unrelated things you can make a descriptive connection with, and now my brain just rolls with it automatically.

You’re brilliant at it, it makes me laugh every time XD It kinda makes me think of Douglas Adams’ similies, which are literary works of art. For instance: “The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don’t.” And, “He leaned tensely against the corridor wall and frowned like a man trying to unbend a corkscrew by telekinesis.”

Oh, btw, you wouldn’t happen to know Spanish medieval fashion or Prohibition fashion would you…? *mild(ish) puppy eyes*

*Bounces rapidly* Yesyesyes! I do!!! By Prohibition fashion, you mean the 1920’s? Or the rationing of fabric during WWII? Sorry, both of those can be interpreted that way XD.

And for Spanish medieval fashion, which century do you mean? Because the Spanish fashion of the late middle ages to the early renaissance was amazing, and I do know a bit about those!

Oh honey that braid! *squeals internally* Just beautiful!
I love her head-jewel and the blue head covering! And yes, the belt-tucked tunic is just too cool to go!

Aww, thank you so much!!

"Stories are light. Light is precious in a world so dark." The Tale of Despereaux

Story Embers

Pin It on Pinterest