fb

Reply To: Character Art Exchange

Forums Art Art Discussions Character Art Exchange Reply To: Character Art Exchange

Cathy
@this-is-not-an-alien

Ooh, I love those sketches! They have so much energy and movement, they really suit him! That jacket looks awesome, I’d totally wear that XD They’re actually not that impractical… *Mentally draws pattern* Yep, definitely possible! It’s a peacoat with long coattails, cuffs, pockets, and either a hood or a collar, I can’t quite tell. Honestly, I kinda want one now XD It looks totally awesome on Ehud!

Aw thanks! My brother just told me those jackets can have tons of pockets so yeah I guess it sticks now (tho how I’m gonna keep that quality wrinklage from panel to panel idk). I must now figure out how to incorporate a hood well with the oversized collar, which’ll probably look weird, so Ehud will love it. All Manga jackets must have dramatic expressive wrinkles as a rule lol. *‘peacoat with long coattails, cuffs, pockets and either a hood or collar’ me; had no idea what that jacket was called or that you could actually look and see the connecting pieces that easily. Is very impressed XD*

I think that’s actually why I haven’t found a good pose for him yet. Everything looks too stiff… Hmm, I’ll find something eventually XD

Yeeesss. For reference are Pinterest has kindly provided me with some energetic poses just recently! (I have a working relationship with Pinterest; I’m resigned to the fact that they spy on every aspect of my web-life and they provide me with dynamic picture reference aaand…self-help blogs for people with depression and anxiety and post trauma…? (that was for a novel, guys, I swear that was for a novel!). But, anyway, if this helps XD

Also, your similies were fantastic XD

Lol thanks! I used to play this game with myself when I started writing; try to see what two most unrelated things you can make a descriptive connection with, and now my brain just rolls with it automatically.

I’m drawing Liorah’s wardrobe, mostly so I can describe/visualize it better. And, because I enjoy making life as hard as possible for myself, I decided to make all her clothing, if not historically accurate, historically feasible. That means all pattern pieces are either rectangles or triangles (Because if you just spent a year hand-weaving a piece of cloth, you aren’t going to throw any of it away!) and they can be made without elastic, gathering, zippers, etc. So far (I’ve only got one outfit) It’s possible, and exceptionally fun XD I have an eternal adoration for historical fashion, so it gives me an excuse to go down that rabbit hole.

Oh so true! I can draw myself crazy in all the different possible outfits and what outfits to use and what completely ridiculous but adorable outfits for different personalities, but historically accurate/feasible? I might as well try to out-stubborn gravity. Oh, btw, you wouldn’t happen to know Spanish medieval fashion or Prohibition fashion would you…? *mild(ish) puppy eyes*

For this one specifically, there were an awful lot of things to take into consideration, like movability, sun protection, foot protection (Because horses), and awesomeness (<i>Very </i>important). But I’m actually pretty happy with it! The front of her tunic is actually longer (Mid-calf) but it can be tucked into her belt for easier movement. That is neither historical nor strictly practical, but it’s cool, so it’s staying XD

Oh honey that braid! *squeals internally* Just beautiful!
I love her head-jewel and the blue head covering! And yes, the belt-tucked tunic is just too cool to go!

Don't let the voices in your head drive you insane;only some of them can drive; most are underage

Story Embers

Pin It on Pinterest