fb

Reply To: Character Art Exchange

Forums Art Art Discussions Character Art Exchange Reply To: Character Art Exchange

Rose
@rose-colored-fancy

@this-is-not-an-alien

I agree with Erynne, your sketches look great! My pencil–especially colored pencil–looks like a bunch of two-year-olds went wild fighting over the color-scheme.

Thank you, Cathy! Here’s a tip if you’re struggling with color schemes. Just look up color palettes, on Pinterest or on Google, or whatever. You’ll get 5-7 colors that look great together. And you can look for a specific… well, theme, like “Desert” (I use this a lot for Liorah and my other characters in my current book) Or even search stuff like “spy” or “Fantasy”. You can find more earthy or brighter tones, or whatever works with the character. I often use this when I get stuck in the same colors. (Liorah always ends up in blue, I don’t even know why XD)

On which point, yes, Rosy’s digital, I used the MangaStudio 0.4 program although I’m trying to toggle with it and my new program that I got for Christmas). I usually stick to sketches because my coloring is either blotchy or blurry.

That’s awesome! I love working digitally, mostly for the colors. I can mix anything I like, and undo when I make mistakes. It’s glorious. I often find myself trying to lasso and resize stuff while working with pencils XD

I use Krita, a free drawing program, and I will never stop ranting about it. It’s so amazing! It’s easily the best program I’ve ever used. It’s much better than photoshop, which I used too for a while. There are gorgeous blenders and brushes, and it just works so brilliantly. It’s improved my art so much!

IKR! They all have Barbie bodies and it just looks weird! But the eyes are gorgeous! And your sketches’ eyes really do pop out btw.

Aww, thank you so much! I love drawing eyes, they’re easily my favorite part. I spend wayyy too much time on them XD

I finished another drawing of Rosy! I made a digital one this time. I kinda used the same clothing as you used in your sketch. I can honestly say I’m really proud of this one XD Rosy’s such a fun character to draw!

One of the first things my mom said when she saw the drawing was “She has attitude.” I was like “Yes. Yes, she does.” XD The pose just works really well with her. And that pink ribbon is beyond adorable! It creates a really nice focal point.

"Stories are light. Light is precious in a world so dark." The Tale of Despereaux

Story Embers

Pin It on Pinterest