fb

Reply To: Hello

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello Reply To: Hello

Rose
@rose-colored-fancy

@ribbonash

A fellow fan! Awesome! Oh, my favourites are Cinder, Kai, Iko and Wolf (tomatoes!!!).

Yay! One of my favorite things about books is the little inside jokes that develop in the fandom, that absolutely nobody else understands. Tomatoes and wire clippers, (Lunar Chronicles) Sugar cubes and white roses, (Hunger Games), Coffee with honey (Ranger’s apprentice). There are more, but these are the first things I thought of XD

Thank you so much! Aww, yay, I’m glad you think so! That comment means a lot to me! ^_^

You’re so welcome! I love the way you’re using his relationship with his sister to drive the plot! I do something pretty similar in my WIP. Princess Liorah’s older brother, the king of the tribe, is captured in an attack by an enemy tribe, and most of the book revolves around saving him. It’s pretty fun since they have a really cool relationship! I love writing sibling relationships.

Ooh, your WIP sounds so interesting! I love the sound of the setting (Middle Eastern/North African inspired? Count me in!), and your character sounds so cool!

Thank you so much! I was getting a bit tired of medieval English and French fantasy, even though I love it XD (Especially if they involve the third crusade. Don’t get me wrong, that’s one of the most interesting parts of history, but EVERYONE does it, and always on the English side.) Anyway, it’s a part of history that’s pretty rarely used in fantasy, even though it’s fascinating. 

Hmm, I totally understand your struggle! I don’t know whether you’re a plotter or a pantser, but have you looked into story structure? I used to have a very similar problem, and story beats do make it a lot easier. I love the “Save the Cat! Writes a Novel” beat sheets, they work well for me. Just something to consider if you haven’t tried it before 😉

And it’s so awesome when characters have strong voices! It’s one of my favorite things to read! And unpredictable characters are the BEST! Liorah literally upset the entire plot, changed three quarters, and made a trilogy out of a stand-alone. *Long, suffering sigh* That’s just what she’s like.

Is your MC the easiest character to write in your book? Who’s the hardest?

"Stories are light. Light is precious in a world so dark." The Tale of Despereaux

Story Embers

Pin It on Pinterest