fb

Reply To: Hello all!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello all! Reply To: Hello all!

Ally Renee
@ally-renee

@rose-colored-fancy

Hello friend! πŸ™‚

Equal torture treatments for characters XD Sometimes I feel like authors like us are some of the most despicable people you could ever know (in some aspects, of course LOL). I’m sure your PTSD writing will turn out wonderfully! πŸ˜‰

Yeah, the first book is kind of slow going. After reading the whole saga, I think the books are kind of like theΒ Harry Potter series in one aspect: you can tell that the first book or two was/were intended for a younger audience, and then as the story progresses, it becomes more… I want to say mature, but not in the bad meaning XD Like, it’s notΒ all like a kids book… if that makes any sense LOL. But I applaud you for sticking with it! Leeli and Janner are great! I think my favorite character would have to be a three way tie between Janner, Oskar, and Podo (I think that’s how you spell all their names, but it’s been years since I’ve read the books so pardon any spelling errors LOL).

I shall take your word for it! πŸ™‚

Ooo you read Dutch books? I could never do that XD That’s impressive πŸ˜› But that villain sounds so intriguing! (And only speaking in alliteration and verse is awesome LOL). And yeah, Netflix is never trustworthy XD Why is it that most movies and TV shows almost always ruin the books they are based off of? It’s so sad.

OH I THOUGHT OF A GRAY CHARACTER I HAVE SEEN BEFORE!!!!! XD Sorry for the sudden outburst, but it was killing me that I thought I remembered reading a book with at least one gray characters in them but it never came to me. But now it did LOL. Have you ever readΒ The Count of Monte Cristo? Again, it’s been ages since I’ve read it, but I’m pretty sure that book has atΒ least one gray character. From what I can remember about the premise of that book, I think, like, half the characters could be considered gray XD

Yes, I believe good (or even bad) motivation is a valid way of making a character evil πŸ˜› πŸ˜‰ Or at least a sense of what they believe is right and wrong.

Okay, by “dumb” do you mean dumb like “oh, that was funny,” or dumb like “what were you thinking, you idiot?” LOL because I’m sure my characters have a fair share of both. In my books, I think Penny does a lot of the latter kind of dumb things; she was constantly rebelling against her mother, she never thought rationally, and almost died quite a few times as a result of her actions. I’m pretty sure all of my characters have done at least one humorous dumb thing. Let me think… I know I made Kevin do something dumb like that, but it isn’t coming to mind right now XD Oh well, if I think of it I’ll tell you πŸ˜‰

How about your characters? πŸ™‚

"Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she smiles at the future." ~ Proverbs 31:25

Story Embers

Pin It on Pinterest