fb

Reply To: Fellow Artists, do you struggle with the problem of–

Forums Art Art Discussions Fellow Artists, do you struggle with the problem of– Reply To: Fellow Artists, do you struggle with the problem of–

Wingiby Iggiby
@wingiby-iggiby

@arindown

Mistakes are only mistakes if you see them like that.

That sounds like a quote some famous person/artist would make! TOTALLY AWESOME!

Actually, I was shocked, but when I started Instagram, some of my most popular drawings were rough, messy, sketches of people from church.😄 My more “finished” and perfect drawings tended to get less likes.

Oh, that is actually very interesting and thought-provoking! If you can, would you be able to share some of your sketches? I’d love to see them, but I don’t have Instagram 😉

I think the idea is (I tell this to my younger sister all the time) to become comfortable with who you are, and how your art is. All the drawings you “mess up” on are practice for next time. And, like my sister will never believe, sometimes those mistakes add personality to a drawing that it would never have if it was “perfect.”

So true!!! We have computers for making the perfect copies, LOL Thank you so much for your encouraging words!! I need to remind myself of this when I sit down to draw. Thank you! 😀

I light the arrow, pull the bow,
Shoot that fire right through my soul.

Story Embers

Pin It on Pinterest