fb

Reply To: Hello all!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello all! Reply To: Hello all!

Ally Renee
@ally-renee

@rose-colored-fancy

Hello! πŸ™‚

“Writing is rewriting” indeed XD Part of the wondrous and vigorous process of writing LOL.

Oh wow LOL. I mean, I would think it’d be hard for brothers to see any of their siblings doing something like that and NOT think they’re insane XD

That’s so cool! If you ever get a book like that published you will definitely have to let me know! Even now it sounds so intriguing πŸ™‚

I can understand how that can be frustrating. I mean, I don’t know a lot of things in general, but if there is one random obscure fact incorporated in a story that I know isn’t accurate, I inwardly scold the author XD

OMGOODNESS I TOTALLY AGREE!!!! Like I’ll read books that are like (and I’m totally gonna make up a scenario LOL) “During the battle, Timmy got stabbed in the leg,” and then right after the battle, “Timmy ran up ahead to warn so-and-so about who-knows-what” USING THE LEG THAT WAS INJURED!!!!!!! Also, yes, I am that bad at coming up with scenarios on the fly XD And I totally agree with the whole having lasting reminders of their injuries or whatnot. I give that to Penny and Alex in later stories (mwahahaha XD). Let’s just say I’m cruel to my characters LOL.

I don’t think I’m that great at writing villains, but I like writing them! I wrote the prologue of Elemental based around Mordred and how he became so corrupted (briefly, of course πŸ˜› ), and he is really the only villain I’ve really progressed on. In my other WIP, I have a couple different villains, but since they are in short stories, I don’t have as many pages to develop them all the way, you know?

I haven’t written any gray characters, though I think I need to practice on that! Really I need to practice on all writing techniques and whatnot XD

Hmmm favorite villains…. I liked “Gnag the Nameless” from theΒ Wingfeather Saga. He was pretty good (er, evil XD) in my opinion. I know this isn’t a book, but I loved the main “villainy” person inΒ Knives Out, mostly because it was such a good plot line and the mystery reveal was amazing XD I also have a soft spot for Tyrun Mordred, but I may be biased πŸ˜‰ I’m sure there are other wonderful villains out in the world of books that I’m not thinking of, but those are all I can think of at the moment (I’ve been up since 6:45, so my brain isn’t functioning very well at the moment XD)

How about you? Who are your favorite villains? And when you’re writing villains (if you do), do you like to make them absolutely corrupted/twisted, or do you go about a completely different way? πŸ™‚

"Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she smiles at the future." ~ Proverbs 31:25

Story Embers

Pin It on Pinterest