Reply To: Need a visual of characters, scenery, or…. anything? Click right here!

Forums Art Art Discussions Need a visual of characters, scenery, or…. anything? Click right here! Reply To: Need a visual of characters, scenery, or…. anything? Click right here!

Joelle Stone
@joelle-stone

@erynne,

Sweet, thank you! Do you think you could draw this scene?

Deep beneath a mountain’s icy face, a torch sputtered weakly in the gloom of a large cavern. Sparks reflected off of an underground lake’s black surface before fading. Stalactites hung from the arching ceiling, and stalagmites rose to meet them. Here and there they formed pillars, holding up the mountain by sheer force. The torch was grasped in a young man’s trembling hand as he viewed his master’s dark will.

Trinnus, King of Cities, a tall figure clothed in white, towered above his prey. His grey boot was planted firmly on the chest of another male, more boy than man. The lad wriggled in fright, but couldn’t get free. His dark eyes were wide and blank with terror.

With a casual movement, Trinnus slid a shortsword from a scabbard at his waist. He slowly set it against the young man’s neck, and the lad instantly froze.

“Why are you doing this, uncle?” he asked in a terror-stricken whisper.

Trinnus’ voice was low and smooth. “As I killed your grandfather, your uncles, your cousins, your brothers, and your father, so I now rid my kingdom of you.”

The sword sliced downward, and the light died in the young man’s eyes.

It’s the beginning of a prologue to a book I’m thinking about writing. A visual would be really nice! Trinnus’ hair is straight, ginger colored, and hangs a bit past his shoulders. His eyes are really hard to describe, but they’re hazel colored and have pupils shaped like Smaug’s from the Hobbit. He has high cheekbones, and upward-tilted nose, and an athletic build. If you need more info, let me know!

Making something beautiful in a broken world can be harrowing work. And it can’t be done alone.
~AP

Story Embers

Pin It on Pinterest