Reply To: Hello, fellow writers!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello, fellow writers! Reply To: Hello, fellow writers!

Rose
@rose-colored-fancy

@mischievous-thwapling

Sorry for late response!! AHH!!

Absolutely no problem!

Btw, on the Character Caste 2.0 thread, I did answer you on the PTSD thing (sorry for being late, again), and I just wanted to say that I will help you as much as I can! IDC if we talk about it here or on the Character Caste 2.0 forum.

Thank you so, so much! The things I have trouble researching:

I understand that flashbacks are probably quite different from person to person and time to time, but how long do they last, as a rough estimate?

Are flashbacks always triggered, or do they just happen without warning sometimes?

When a flashback does start, what should the character/ the characters around them do? As in, does it help when someone distracts the character, or talks to them, or something else?

If there are any questions you’d rather not answer for any reason, please just ignore them. Thank you so much for helping!

What’s your favorite scene you’ve written in your book so far?

Great question! Hmm, for my first book, I’m pretty proud of the climactic battle! I detested writing it, but I’m proud of it now it’s done! It’s quite exciting, and I worked really hard on it.

My favorite scene to write was an interrogation scene, which was really interesting and fun to write since my POV character was constantly not quite lying. A literal quote (No spoilers XD):

“Were you a spy?”
“You can call it that.”
“What did you do?”
“Whatever I was told to.”
The Regent was becoming impatient.
“Answer me.” His voice wasn’t raised, but anger colored it.
“I did.”

The entire thing was like that, the character was constantly answering really vaguely, to the point of being ridiculous. I wrote the entire 2000 word chapter in one day, and I’m still pretty proud of it.

How about you? What was your favorite scene, and what’s the one you’re proudest of?

I love your quote!

"I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right." ~The Book Thief

Story Embers

Pin It on Pinterest