Reply To: Fresh Perspectives Appreciated :)

Forums Fiction Characters Fresh Perspectives Appreciated :) Reply To: Fresh Perspectives Appreciated :)

claire
@claire-h

@imwritehere1920

Hi Lily! Nice to meet you. 🙂 Thank you so much for taking the time to share your ideas! They were all super helpful.

This story is YA. I’m thinking that Rubi is around 20ish.

Rubi is the main POV character. I have been thinking about adding Ikal (the son of the man whose memory was wiped) as another POV character, but I’m not sure. It would be super interesting to write from Dr. Arrowood’s POV too though… So many decisions, lol. I’m really liking you and Ella’s ideas about making Dr. Arrowood a sympathetic character. So intriguing. 😀 I especially liked the suggestion about making time a key element to push Dr. Arrowood to move faster towards his goal. Then there’s the whole realm of government involvement, which could spiral out of control fast… I was thinking that the government is funding Dr. Arrowood in this experiment.

Rubi’s sidekick Ikal is the son of an illegal animal trader. His father was apprehended and punished for engaging in the illegal animal trade. Dr. Arrowood saw him as a good person to experiment on with the memory wipe. So Ikal is trying to find out who ruined his father. He wants revenge. So yeah, I’ve been planning on him and Rubi working together. (of course they have to have a lot of conflict though too XD)

Then there’s the issue of it being an Animal Sanctum. I have to find a way for that setting to be necessary to the plot! It started out as just a cool idea and now I need to make it a key element…

Sorry for all my ramblings, lol. Thanks again for taking the time to help out!

a flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it.
    it just blooms.

Pin It on Pinterest