fb

Reply To: Hello all!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello all! Reply To: Hello all!

Ally Renee
@ally-renee

@rose-colored-fancy

Hi Rose! πŸ˜€

SAME THOUGH!!! Why is it that when you’re like “in the zone” with writing that you can’t come up with any synonyms for obvious words?!?! At least, it’s that way for me XD Like I’ll be writing a battle scene with a monster (there are a lot of those throughoutΒ Elemental, along with the normal human battles πŸ˜› ), and I find it so hard to find a variety of words to describe what the thing is doing – I wrote a short story focusing on Penny and Chad (one of my other MCs), and the first scene is a battle with a Tasu (I creature I made up that’s basically a tiger-like thing that’s the size of an elephant XD I’m not that creative LOL) and I struggled SO much with varying what the Tasu did. I was like “so basically all this is showing is the Tasu growling and roaring fifteen times when it isn’t trying to claw anyone to pieces” XD Thankfully I edited it once I got feedback from friends I sent it to and I think it’s better now LOL.

(Wow that was a large chunk of words XD sorry ’bout that πŸ˜‰ )

I too have to keep reminding myself that, mostly because I beat myself down whenever I write myself into a corner and have to rewrite the entire thing LOL.

Games make everything better, I think πŸ˜‰ Especially for a competitive person who likes to win πŸ˜› And I totally get the song thing! To this day, I still remember the song my mom taught me to memorize the months when I was in second grade XD If only I could put all of my confusing math and science issues into song to help me actually learn what they’re trying to teach me!

It really was fun! And thanks! I mean, I never got a stand-alone solo (one of the guys that was in choir got one for himself, but he had an amazing vocal range and my teacher wanted to take advantage of that LOL), but that was probably for the best because I would get SO nervous about my dual-solos XD

I like that about the arts too! Though I do have a tendency to wish my drawings/paintings looked as good as some of my other friends who are actually gifted in that field LOL. But I still love it so I [try] to stick with it πŸ˜‰

Hmmm I think my story ideas always start out with a very vague idea of the overall plot. It almost always comes to me whenever I’m doing something else probably more important XD I’ll be working on school or trying to write something else, and then I’ll be like “Ooo, I have a new idea!” πŸ˜› Most of the time I just think of the very beginning of the storyline and the very end of the story. I think that’s partly why I struggle so much with all my in-between stuff because I can’t figure out what to put in there that leads up to the ending.

Oof that stinks πŸ™ But that’s intriguing that you think of a certain color palette or aesthetic for your story ideas… I’ve never really thought about that LOL. How exactly does that affect your story/characters/etc?

Don’t worry, I do that too XD It mostly happens to me when I’m looking up artwork of people to recolor as my characters, and I’ll think “This seems like something Taylor would wear,” and whatnot XD It helps me too as I’m still developing their personalities through their clothing, if that makes any sense XD Like I have a character who is supposed to be, like, quiet, a bit shy, and a very sweet person, and I can find pictures of sketches people made and see the clothing and be like “It’s Kelsi!” πŸ™‚ So don’t think that your thing is weird; I think all writers may do something similar to that with their own characters!

~ Ally Renee

"Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she smiles at the future." ~ Proverbs 31:25

Story Embers

Pin It on Pinterest