fb

Reply To: Fellow Artists, do you struggle with the problem of–

Forums Art Art Discussions Fellow Artists, do you struggle with the problem of– Reply To: Fellow Artists, do you struggle with the problem of–

Wingiby Iggiby
@wingiby-iggiby

@rose-colored-fancy

Rose! Howdy! 😀

I completely understand what you mean! It happens to me all the time! I think it’s also because you’re looking at it as an artist, and you’re looking for mistakes. Someone who’s never seen the picture before won’t see these, they’ll just see “Look, a pretty picture!”

That totally makes sense! I AM looking for mistakes!

Ah, yes! Walking away for any length of time does help a lot — my parents tell me to do that, he he. Yes, the mistakes are often minor and easily worked over; it’s amazing how I’ll get hooked up over such a small thing. Also, that example of Jane Davenport’s work is wonderful! Working over mistakes is a great idea, and so is using colored pencils to keep from erasing.

What you said about style is really true! You can make just about any mistake and it’ll be fine because it’s your art! Imperfections and mistakes make art unique.

Now I just have to pound that into my brain, which is highly un-responsive, *sigh* But it is so true!

I usually try to work over/around it, or if all else fails, know that the next picture will be better! Especially when you’re still practicing, often your vision won’t line up with the finished product (I still get this a lot!) but you’ll have improved, even if it isn’t like you hoped. The next one will always be better. And if you love drawing, it’s always worth it!

Thank you! That is really encouraging! I always forget that the next one will be better.

I’d love to see your art if you get it uploaded!

I will have to commission my dad sometime! 😛

I hope this rambly comment was somewhat helpful!

It was very helpful! It helps just to know that other’s know what I mean! Thank you for the time you put into this! 😀

I light the arrow, pull the bow,
Shoot that fire right through my soul.

Story Embers

Pin It on Pinterest