December 29, 2020 at 8:58 pm #123306
- The Lord of the Rings, if you haven’t read those yet
- The Midnight Thief duology by Livi Blackburne
- Nadine Brandes’ A Time to Die (the whole series, I’m assuming, but I’ve only read the first one)
- The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde is another classic with a strong theme
- I personally found the theme in The Picture of Dorian Grey interesting, but that’s definitely a darker story overall
- The Fire Rain Chronicles by Miranda Marie
- Synapse by Steven James (thank you, @daeus-lamb, for recommending that one!)
- Steward Stories by Beth Wangler is a collection of short stories that all have really good themes
- Hannah Heath’s Terebinth Tree Chronicles
- Fahrenheit 451 is another great classic
- Of Myth and Monster by The Phoenix Fiction Writers has stories with some great themes
- To Best the Boys by Mary Weber (which I promise is not as uber-feminist as it sounds)
And I second The Giver and The Wingfeather Saga. Both are excellent.
Fantasy/dystopian/sci-fi author. Mythology nerd. ENFP. Singer.