fb

Reply To: Salvete! (Hello!)

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Salvete! (Hello!) Reply To: Salvete! (Hello!)

sparrowhawke
@sparrowhawke

@rose-colored-fancy

I’ve studied Caesar’s De Bello Gallico and am currently in Cicero’s orations. I’ll be doing Virgil next year and someday I hope to try Ovid and the Vulgate. I also did some of a modified version of St. Patrick’s Confession a couple years ago. What did Martial write? I’m not very familiar with him.

I have not read The King’s Fifth, but it sounds like it could make good research for my WIP. I’ll have to check it out. Have you read any other O’Dell books?

I do have a lot of favorite books, but I’ll pick five of my most recent favorites:

The Wednesday Wars and Okay For Now – I love the writing style/character voice, and another book in the series, Just Like That, is coming out in January!

The Eagle of the Ninth – I love the writing, the characters, and the setting (anything Roman catches my eye). The movie is pretty good, but differs from the book in many details, and because of that, Marcus and Esca’s relationship is a bit different.

Blank Mastermind – It’s just hilarious and I’ve never gotten such a stupid grin on my face from reading a book. If you haven’t read it yet, definitely do!

Skyward – This has one of the few female characters I actually like, plus a funny robot. And references to Beowulf.

All the Crooked Saints – I wanted a nice fall book and didn’t expect to love this as much as I did. The characters, the writing, and the themes are really good. I can see some being a bit uncomfortable with the way religious elements are handled, but I didn’t mind it and found it respectful.

I hope that wasn’t too long lol

Semper ubi sub ubi.

Story Embers

Pin It on Pinterest