Reply To: Salvete! (Hello!)

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Salvete! (Hello!) Reply To: Salvete! (Hello!)

sparrowhawke
@sparrowhawke

@rose-colored-fancy

Hehe, that’s okay 🙂 I get confused enough translating real Latin. Are you trilingual?

I thought Island of the Blue Dolphins was disappointing as well and I got really confused at how old Karana was supposed to be. I could not keep track of how much time was passing. I haven’t read The Healer’s Apprentice, but none of Dickerson’s books interest me. The Mulan one interested me when I heard of it, but the setting change was a deal-breaker for me.

@seekjustice

I am glad someone else agrees about Wrinkle! Most everyone seems to love it. I’ll be reading Pride and Prejudice soon. Although I don’t like romance, I’m hoping it will have enough humor for me to enjoy. I’ve seen the BBC version and am proud to say that I relate to Mary the most XD

My family does have two tabby cats, and they are very much my family’s pets and not mine. I am not a pet person. Scandalous, I know. Another introvert stereotype I do not meet. I used to want a turtle, but now I know myself well enough to say that I’m too lazy and germaphobic to care for an animal.

@lonathecat

How does Heroes of Olympus measure up to Percy Jackson? I read the first couple chapters of The Lost Hero and didn’t find them that gripping. It might just be the third-person narration from whom I’ve heard is the most boring character in the series.

I can write a little Greek. A very little. I can pronounce Koine Greek and transliterate both ways. But Latin is what I know best (aside from English, of course).

Semper ubi sub ubi.

Pin It on Pinterest