Reply To: Salvete! (Hello!)

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Salvete! (Hello!) Reply To: Salvete! (Hello!)

Rose
@rose-colored-fancy

@sparrowhawke

Hi Sparrow!

Semper ubi sub ubi is a joke saying that translates as “Always where under where.” But it looks like some genuine Latin phrase like Semper fidelis.

I just thought my mental translation was wrong. XD I read it and thought “No, that doesn’t make sense.” I didn’t realize it’s a joke, and I feel rather silly now XD

Hmm, least favorite book… I’m just going with my least favorite books I finished because I often stop books if I don’t like them. I’d say “Island of the Blue Dolphins” by Scott O’Dell and “Healer’s apprentice” by Melanie Dickerson.

I’d heard a lot of praise for “Island of the Blue Dolphins”, and I loved “The King’s Fith” also by Scott O’Dell, so I was eager to read it, but I really couldn’t get into the story. I like strongly structured stories with a clear beginning, middle, and climax, and the story just couldn’t seem to start.

“Healer’s apprentice” is a Christian historical romance fairytale-retelling thing. (I don’t know how to describe it XD) It was a very, very slow-paced story and I actually guessed the plot twist in like, the second chapter XD. I didn’t really like the protagonist, she was a bit annoying to me and the story never seemed to get anywhere.

Both of these are objectively quite good, but I just didn’t enjoy them. They aren’t really my taste, even though they’re probably amazing for someone else. I suppose I just really like fast-paced books XD

Besides English and Latin, I know a little Koine Greek. I ended up liking Latin way more so my Greek knowledge has faded. Someday, I want to learn Spanish.

That’s so cool! I know Afrikaans, Dutch, English, and Latin. I learned all of them when I was really young. (except Latin.)

Your WIP sounds really neat! I’m always excited to hear about fantasy stories set in some other time and place than medieval Europe.

Thank you so much! Yours sounds really cool too, worldbuilding is my favorite part!

I have read Cinder, Scarlet, and Cress so far. I was going to start Winter, but then my library closed again so I’ll have to wait   Who is your favorite character from the series? I relate to Cinder the most, but I really like Cress, Iko, and Thorne as well.

That’s so cool! I relate to Cress the most, but I think Wolf (Tomatoes!) and Winter are my other favorites. I really like all the characters, honestly.

"I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right." ~The Book Thief

Pin It on Pinterest