Reply To: Hello, fellow writers!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello, fellow writers! Reply To: Hello, fellow writers!

Wingiby Iggiby
@wingiby-iggiby

@rose-colored-fancy

I have the same problem! My main characters always seem too dry and boring! Maybe its because I’m not afraid to go a little wild with the side characters, but I’m not with the main. So that’s why I’m tempted to just grab one of my side characters and throw out the main one….Do you have any tips?

Who’s your favorite character in your story?

Oh man, gee… I’m still in the developmental stages, so I’m not entirely sure. Right now, I like Wylo Reni, my villain….he’s a brilliant, melancholy fellow.  I also like one girl character from my second WIP, but I don’t have a name for her yet. She’s pretty cool though. She is the only girl active in the actual sabotage (the others have important work on the sidelines), so that makes her stand out. She’s the sniper of the group, and covers the boys while they blow things up. She — ok, you probably don’t want me to type out her entire backstory, lol. You’ve mentioned several characters, but which one is your fav, and why? And tell me as much about them as you want, ha ha.

No, I live in Europe now  That’s why SE will probably show me as posting at 3 am in the morning

LOL 😛 That’s awesome, though. Europe is full of old buildings and rich history and stuff. 😀

Is there still room in the Character Castle? Or is it full?

I am pretty sure there is. Our limit is 10 people (you can have two characters in at once though if you want) at a time, otherwise it gets too confusing. Right now we’re at eight people or something.

Oh, you listened to Unbroken?! I’m so glad its not glossed over; that just ruins the story! Thanks for telling me! And ha ha, yeah, it is a war story, after all 😛

That’s awesome! What books do you recommend?

Oh man, well,  let me see….

The Wingfeather Saga. It’s a four book series with an additional Wingfeather Tales and Creaturepedia. Funny, heartbreaking, and beautiful. Quirky characters (my fav is Peet the Sock Man, known for wearing socks up to his elbows), bizarre creatures, and Fangs of Dang.  “The stories are true.” Go read it right now.

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and The Hound of the Baskerville. They are really good! Mystery and some dry humor combined with stunning intelligence and ingenuity.

Where the Red Fern Grows. Prepare to cry, and prepare to want to throw the book on the wall and stomp on it. But read it; it is a wonderful book. And if you love dogs, even bigger bonus.

The Endless Steppe. Its an autobiography about growing up as a refugee in Siberia, and is wonderfully vivid and sweet. You can really see through the author’s innocent eyes what being transported and living in a bleak, endless world is like — and how you can make the best of it.

That is so cool (about your thinking in different languages)! It’s hard for me to wrap my head around it, lol.

Oh, and btw, how long have you been doing Krita? I just got it, and its a little confusing. Do you have any tips? And what electronic do you use for it? Thanks! I’ve never done digital art before, so its a bit of a learning curve. 😉

"Whatever man loves dominates them. I loved wrong, for I loved myself. You don't know how sorry I am."

Story Embers

Pin It on Pinterest