Reply To: Hello all!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello all! Reply To: Hello all!

Rose
@rose-colored-fancy

@ally-renee

Hi Ally!

It’s so cool how you choose your names! I love the sound of Mordred and Belrac, and the human names are really cool too!

My personal way of coming up with names is baby name websites😂 Sometimes they have meanings, but more often than not, it’s just “I like the way it sounds”. I do try to keep my names from the same languages.

I use a lot of Persian, Hebrew, Arabic, and Turkish names since my current WIP is set in a North-African/Middle-east-inspired country. The biggest trouble is when I find a name I really like, but can’t pronounce. I have a character named Acyn, and at first, I called him “Ay-sin” then later thought it was “As-sein”. I had to look it up, and it actually is “Ay-sin”😂

For fantasy names, I often use Google-translate. I pick a word and translate it into a bunch of different languages until I find something that sounds nice. For example, some of the countries in my world are named: Terrenpla (Plains-land), Liqeni (Lake-land), Yerasht, (Wilderness), and Tirbren (Hill-land). They seem a lot less original when you translate them back😂

Yes, Penny is really lovely, and she looks very sweet! What’s she like, personality-wise?

My current WIP is a Middle-east-inspired fantasy, it’s actually a trilogy, and I’m writing the second book and editing the first. I’m having a lot of fun with it! I can send you a summary if you like?

And did you draw your profile picture? It looks really cool!

Thank you so much! Yes, I did draw it! That’s my main character, Liorah. She’s a lot of fun to write and to draw.

"I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right." ~The Book Thief

Pin It on Pinterest