Reply To: This isn’t what it looks like… But how do I show readers that?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions This isn’t what it looks like… But how do I show readers that? Reply To: This isn’t what it looks like… But how do I show readers that?

Lona
@lonathecat

@mischievous-thwapling

I’d agree with the ideas people have given so far; make an age gap or make them relatives.

But, if you’d like to keep the ages as they are, or would like to have them not related, then here is yet another idea. 😀

Really close friends tend to act like they are related. So, the more your characters act like siblings, then I think the less likely your readers are to ship them. For example, the guys could ruffle the girl’s hair, or the girl could tease the boys about pretty village girls. Another example would be that all three couldn’t care less about what the others think of them, at least in terms of appearance (meaning, like if the girl doesn’t brush her hair for three days she won’t worry about if the guys will think less of her for it, or the guys be worried that they have to be all macho manly to show off in front of a girl.)

Hope this is useful. 😛

Pin It on Pinterest