Reply To: Reintroduction :]

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Reintroduction :] Reply To: Reintroduction :]

Wingiby Iggiby
@wingiby-iggiby

@the-fledgling-artist

Exactly! The more I learn, the more I realize I still need to learn a whole lot more πŸ˜› And thank you! Actually, most of it is in my head rather than paper (or google docs, ha ha) so it’s easy to come up with a lot by randomly coming up with ideas. But I would think comics would take longer bc you have to not only come up with the story, but you also have to visualize everything really well and then draw it; which for me, would take an eternity. Is that how it works?

The Brume sounds so cool (a place named after mist has gotta be cool)! I love that synonym (I am constantly looking up synonyms for words bc I love synonyms).

Stories (especially fantasies) are meant to try and untangle our complex and quickly degrading-into-sin-and-calamity-and-evil world. Stories that are heartfelt and focus on real feelings and troubles make it much easier to connect with. I love that quote by AP that you mentioned to Deeprun, and yes, when you tell the truth it makes it so much better! πŸ˜€ False stuff just makes you want to tear that page out of the book (I would never,Β everΒ do that, though . . . even it was terrible πŸ˜› )

Also, I love your characters; they are so cute!!!! I love that style! I really hope you can publish that book someday, bc I would totally read it. πŸ˜‰ (and their names are awesome!)

As for The Westing Game, I’m going to copy off the synopsis from the back-cover of the book (by Ellen Raskin) bc it says it a lot better than I could. I will say this though: in the beginning, you take the characters lightly, but by the bittersweet end you realize how much you really cared for them.

A bizarre chain of events begins when sixteen unlikely people gather for the reading of Samuel W. Westing’s will. And though no one knows why the eccentric, game-loving millionaire has chosen a virtual stranger — and a possible murderer — to inherit his vast fortune, one thing’s for sure: Sam Westing may be dead . . . but that won’t stop him from playing one last game!

It is funny, clever, and awesome. I totally recommend it.

"Whatever man loves dominates them. I loved wrong, for I loved myself. You don't know how sorry I am."

Pin It on Pinterest