Reply To: Wanna talk Lord of the Rings, anyone?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Wanna talk Lord of the Rings, anyone? Reply To: Wanna talk Lord of the Rings, anyone?

LydiaJoy
@lydiajoy

Lord of the Rings is one of the best stories ever written, and arguably the best film trilogy ever produced, I think it fits into writers talk

@arindown
    , I wholeheartedly agree!

1. Favorite scene: Oooh, this is hard! In the movie, I love the interaction between Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli as they search for Pippin and Merry. But Helm’s Deep is great, too. It’s all good, really.

[Slightly unrelated, but I was disappointed that they didn’t include the scene in the Hobbit where Gandalf makes up this elaborate story to get all the dwarves into Beorn’s house.]

2. Frodo?: I fit best in the couldn’t-care-less category. I think I like him better in the books and first movie than in the last 2 movies. He seems so discouraged and bleak in those 2. It’s kinda . . . depressing or something.

3. Boromir?: He isn’t my favorite character at all, but I see his bravery when he dies trying to save Pippin and Merry as a good thing. It was pointless in the end, honestly, but he tried. I feel like he’s almost a foil character for Aragorn when Boromir tries to take the ring but Aragorn doesn’t.

Have you read any of Tolkien’s other Middle Earth books?

Only Farmer Giles of Ham and Smith of Wooton Major if those count. 🙂 I found the Silmarillion a bit difficult and confusing when I tried it a few years ago, but I may need to try again sometime.

Do you have a favorite LOTR character?

Pin It on Pinterest