Reply To: What Inspires You to Write?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions What Inspires You to Write? Reply To: What Inspires You to Write?

Mischievous Thwapling
@mischievous-thwapling

@zee

These things inspire me to write. 🙂

Pain–Incorporating a type of pain someone I know or one that I’m going through helps me to sympathize or process it.

Truths–I enjoy weaving in (or trying to weave in) truths into my stories.  I want readers to walk either encouraged or with a thought to wrestle with, like how all of my favorite book series do to me.

Fun–Yes, I know. This one isn’t as deep or something, but I love writing in itself.  I find the prospect of yanking back the curtain of what I see in my story and clearly transferring it into readers’ mind fun.  I love creating characters and plots and all the stuff in-between when it comes to writing a story.  Like I said, it’s just fun.

Improving My Skills for Life–My mom’s college professor once told her that you should write everyday to improve/keep your skills sharpened.  I like to write as much as possible so that it can be a place I’m strong in.

Being Creative–With a little time and thought, I’m eager to see what creativity can spill onto the page–or, er, the screen perhaps.  I prize being able to exercise God’s good gift of creativity!

Glory–When I go on a hike, a walk, or when I’m in my own backyard, or even just looking at the rosy-cheeked faces of my siblings, God’s glory cries out at me, like it says in the Bible: (New Living Translation) “For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God.” ~Romans 1:20.  I love portraying that beauty in my story.  I love marveling at that.  I love mulling it over as I write. I love attempting to give the reader a glimpse of the glory that echoes God’s name.

~M.T.

Thank you for tagging me, Zee.  I emailed you this as well. If I messed up the email somehow and you didn’t get it, tell me through SE and I’ll fix it. 🙂

Writing fantasy is the delicate art of making the unrealistic seem realistic.
    ~Tom B.

Pin It on Pinterest