Reply To: Such a Thing As Biblical Magic?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Such a Thing As Biblical Magic? Reply To: Such a Thing As Biblical Magic?

Mischievous Thwapling
@mischievous-thwapling

@dakota Hi!

Oh, you’re not attacking mine! What you have been saying actually is my opinion! And no, you do not sound like you are preaching  (Even if you were, I wouldn’t mind :P) I like how you keep pointing back to scripture; that’s how I know what you’re saying isn’t just an opinion. It’s what the bible says, and whatever the bible says is definitely truth!

Yes, I believe you are perfectly right.  That idea about the “bad guy” magic is very good. It would definitely make that point that witchcraft is from Satan, not something to be messed around with.

I don’t know if you’ve read this series, but in The Wingfeather Saga by Andrew Peterson, this subject came up a bit.  One person asked if something was magic, and his mother answered him (this is not the exact words), “To a kitten, a bumblebee flying would look like magic, even though it isn’t.  This (By this, I mean what he was asking about) is by the Maker’s power, and it’s a gift from Him.”  I’d have to look the part up, but I think that was the main gist of what she was saying.  Is this kinda of what you’re getting at when you say that any fantastical things are from my God-figure?

Thank you so much.  You have just answered my question perfectly!  Thank you so much for taking the time to do that.  It’s been something I’ve wondered about for a long time.

Whatever we love deeply becomes a part of us.
    ~Helen Keller

Pin It on Pinterest