Reply To: Writing Motivation

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Writing Motivation Reply To: Writing Motivation

Ella
@writergirl101

@law0413

Hey Laurel!  Nice to meet you!

I struggle with that BIG TIME.  I think the furthest I’ve ever gotten to finishing something is 17 very long chapters.  And even then I didn’t finish.

@anne-of-lothlorien
    and @zee made really good points.  Authors are humans!  I always forget that too.  And having people come alongside you to help you finish really, really makes a difference.  That’s what Story Embers is for, right?  I’d be happy to help you in any way you need (critique, encouragement, reminders, etc).  Even if someone just read something you’ve written so you know you’re not alone might be helpful.

I’d love to have a critique partner (when I’ve written a full chapter, that is ).

I don’t know if you’ve done NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month), but that also really helps to keep yourself dedicated.

Newsletters are also encouraging to me–the one here on SE is great, and so is one at andi@andilit.com.  She has a beautiful heart and is really encouraging.  If you want, I can forward an email to you that she sent out–it’s a super fast survey so she can be the most helpful to you personally in her newsletters. (no personal information required to take it)  If you don’t want to share your email, she might have it on her website.  Idk, though.

I hope you can push through to the end of your story!!

-Ella

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Ella. Reason: mistake

If something goes wrong in your life, yell "Plot twist!" and keep going. 😎🍰

Pin It on Pinterest