Reply To: It’s Me… Again :D

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself It’s Me… Again :D Reply To: It’s Me… Again :D

Eitan
@eitan

@anne-of-lothlorien

That was all really interesting about the Israeli people. I’m kinda ashamed to say before I basically just thought… well, there’s Israeli people, and that’s it.

It’s alright, everyone thinks so about countries they didn’t study about 🙂

I live in a (pretty) small town called Arad – about 26,000 inhabitants. We have a mall, a science center and a culture center, and are considered ”city” in the Israeli law. But for many things, we drive 40 minutes to Beer Sheva, that’s a ”small metropolis” for southern Israel. Besides those cities and a few more, the area is mainly inhabited by Bedouin villages. The population isn’t too dense. Most of the population lives in the coastal area (around Haifa and Tel Aviv) and around Jerusalem. The south is pretty empty, and it gets emptier as you go southward 🙂

The museums are mainly in Tel Aviv, Haifa and Jerusalem, the main metropolises of Israel.

Would you call yourself a … Messianic Ashkenazi Jew? Or am I totally wrong?

Umm, my ethnicity doesn’t really matter for me. Like, my parents came from Russia, but we talk Hebrew in our home (though they talk Russian between themselves), we don’t eat Russian food that much, and my English is actually way better than my Russian.

I would call myself a Messianic (/Christian) Jew. Though since everyone around me are Jewish, I find my nationality irrelevant most of the time… Just like you probably don’t find something special in being an American. It’s just who you, and everyone around you, are. Not to say, I don’t care about my people or heritage, but it’s not as important to me as it’s important to some people.

You don't need to see the wind itself in order to hear the rustling leaves.

Pin It on Pinterest