Reply To: Impactful Books

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Impactful Books Reply To: Impactful Books

Gracie
@kimlikesart

‘The Auschwitz Escape’ (Historical Fiction) by Joel C. Rosenberg

The plot.

Very good. Intense, and truthful, though not as detailed or shocking as other WWII novels(historical-fiction)/accounts (non-fiction) I’ve read.

Nazis. So, bad, but not gory. Rosenberg wants you to get how bad the the Nazis are, but doesn’t want to turn the more squeamish readers off. He does not want people to forget the holocaust, or the other atrocities Hitler and his followers accomplished. So he wrote this book, for those who don’t read non-fiction and enjoy a good story.

Gripping. Educational. Fulfilling.

The characters.

Very true and believable. The main character is not a Christian. Mr. Rosenberg does not push Christianity, or Judaism. But there are positive influences (characters) from both religions/faiths. He is very good, and does not come across as preachy. Their interactions was life.

They were real. I ached for them, because I knew people had gone through the exact same thing in real life. We just didn’t/don’t know their stories.

Scripture/growth in God.

Life is not a fairy-tale. I enjoy and get more from books that show such, but leave a spark of hope at the end.

Rom. 8:31-39 ‘What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

He that spared not His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God’s elect? It is God that justifies.

Who is he that condemns? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us.

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

As it is written, For Your sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us.

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.’

Gen. 12:3 ‘And I will bless them that bless you, and curse him that curses you: and in you shall all families of the earth be blessed.’

Psalm. 122:6 ‘Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love you.’

I’d say twelve would be a fine age to read. (Again, my dad /52/ enjoyed it. Just not as much as others.)

Jominkreesa

Passion means to be willing to suffer.

Pin It on Pinterest