How would you like to be one of the first new staffers to join the Story Embers team and help us in our mission to guide and inspire Christian storytellers?
Opportunities await, because we’re looking for more writers to produce quality content for our website. You’ll build lasting relationships with a tight-knit group of Christian storytellers, sharpen your writing and communication skills, and gain hands-on experience in the publishing industry.
Sound wonderful? Keep reading for a full description of the writing internship and a link to the application form.
- Approximately 5–10 hours to dedicate to being a member of the SE writing staff
- Submit at least one piece by the first of each month
- Exchange a submission critique with another staff writer
- Cooperate with editors Josiah and Brianna to refine your work prior to publication
- Participate in the SE writers Facebook group
- Display support for SE by interacting on social media, commenting on blog posts, providing writing advice to forum members, etc.
Minimum Job Requirements
- General proficiency with writing (determined by writing samples enclosed in application)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Google Docs
- Solid communication skills
- Able to give and receive constructive criticism with humility and grace
- Disciplined about meeting deadlines
Our Ideal Candidate
- 4+ years of writing experience
- Has finished writing 2 or more novels
- 20+ years old
- Willing to pitch in wherever needed
- Can write multiple types of content
- Self-motivated and manages time well
- Passionate about Story Embers
- Great team player
The writing internship lasts for six months, from August through January, with the possibility of an extension if the intern is exceptional and we have the need. The position is unpaid.
To apply, click here.
Applications are due by 11:59 p.m. EDT on July 17, 2018. That gives you 10 days to complete and submit your application, so don’t delay. If you have a question, drop a comment below.